Pizza Potluck Party – what the heck is that all about? 4 things:
- I prepare pizza dough
- I prepare tomato sauce
- I have some cheese
- you bring whatever you want or cannot imagine to work as a piza topping
We’ve done that in the past where we created one sri-lankan-german pizza with combining a sausage crust, lingus and pineapple on a pizza… mmmh still mouth-watering when I just write about it.
This time one amazingly awesoe person started to prepare an 18hour apple-wood smoked pork shoulder to have some pulled pork for the pizza. I mean: some people (including me) would already die for ONLY the 18 hour smoked pulled pork. But coming back to the pizzas – here are some of the creations from that evening:
- Lingus (raw lingus but also fried lingus, chilies, onions), pineapple, corn and red birdseye chilies
- Meat lovers 18 hour smoked pulled pork pizza: the friend lingus combination, pulled pork (only to be added at the very end or last 2 minutes in the oven!), some birds eye chili or orange habanero
- Pulled-pork at its best: mango, coriander leaves, orange habanero and pulled pork
- For salmon lovers: corn, mango, a mixture of joghurt (better results expected with creme cheese) with salt, long pepper and slightly smoked salmon (to be added at the very end, once the pizza is out of the oven already for 2-3 mins)
Other hints for pizza stuff: I use the dough recipe from Jamie Oliver who combines e.g.
- 400gr of wheat flower (ideally italian typo 00 but any bread flower will do)
- 100gr of semolina
- dried yeast (1 pack)
- 1 tblsp brown sugar
- 1 tblsp fine sea salt
And you HAVE TO buy a stone for making pizzas. Just try it once and you will never want non-stone pizza again. The thing is: pre-heat your oven with the stone to the highest temperature your oven can do for 45 mins and then your pizzas will be ready in max 8-10mins.